Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Charismatic Calvinist Recap

After prayer and consideration I have decided, at least for the present, to discontinue posting at Meditations of a Charismatic Calvinist Who Does Not Speak in Tongues due to lack of traffic and the lack of time on my part to do justice to both blogs. I have re-posted  in this blog the main posts presented there. I have now finished with this job of re-posting, and I present here the final summary statement from that blog. I intend to go on in this blog posting items in line with those I originally posted in that one.

Now the point of that blog was to explore the possibility of connecting Calvinism and Charisma. Based on that, I would like to summarize what I have tried to say there.

We need to realize that God is in control and we can trust Him with the problems in our lives. see, see, see

Growth in Christ is a process and not the result of following a particular formula. see, see, see


God does do miracles today, but He does them according to His will. see, see, see

There is demonic influence in the world today, but it must be put in perspective. see, see, see

The miraculous spiritual gifts still exist today, but they are given according to God's will. see, see, see

I would conclude that, while the supernatural still happens today, it is dependent on God's will and is not, in the final analysis, something we can control.

No comments:

Post a Comment