Wednesday, January 29, 2014

God's Grace - A Song


God’s Grace
By Mike Erich
To the tune of “The Lord’s My Shepherd” (Crimond)

God’s grace, it all sufficient is,
In weakness makes us strong;
And in the watches of the night
He always gives a song.

All of my needs He does supply,
He gives me daily bread;
Though I dwell in a wilderness,
By ravens I am fed.

When present light affliction here
Appears as trials sore,
I know He’s treasured up for me
Glory beyond compare.

If I must pass through stormy seas,
He’s ever by my side;
If I must go through darksome vale,
He ever is my guide.

And when temptations round me mount
Or my weak flesh holds sway,
He covers my sins with His blood,
And escape provides a way.

When all my efforts seem to yield
Nothing but barren sod,
I remember Christ will build His church,
And the increase comes from God.

I know whate'er my task may be,
Whate'er my gift or lot,
That Christ’s the one who placed me there;
My deeds are not forgot.

And when my course on earth is run
I shall behold His face;
I’ll dwell in peace, the battle won,
All through His wondrous grace.

(Should anyone wish to use this song, permission is granted, provided it is not altered or sold or performed for monetary gain without the author's prior agreement.)  

No comments:

Post a Comment